Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Moratorium

I am now declaring a moratorium on posts about the Iraq war. I'll not put a time limit to that moratorium, but I am going to try for at least a month. I'll write about gardening or family or exercise or local activities or the view outside my window. I will not be ignoring the news, just not responding publicly to it.

Today I purchased more plants at Georgia Perimeter College Botanical Garden: native wisteria, purple monarda, yellow jasmine (which had been identified for me as coral vine, but the tag says otherwise) fringe tree, mountain azalea. If I were president, I would promise a native plant in every yard and tax credits for family gardens.

If we would just get some rain, I could begin my new gardening plans and guarantee a drop in blood pressure--despite the news.

No comments: