Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"We are the people who run this country,.."

Back from Texas. . . . but more on that later. Today on this historic day, I want to provide two links on my blog before stumbling off to work. Think Progress has two lists to commemorate the past eight disastrous years. Read them here:

  • The Top 43 Appointees Who Helped Make Bush the Worst President Ever: This list will remind us why we look forward so much to a new presidency, a new hope. In Texas, I saw first-hand how people I love are swallowing the Bush Legacy Kool-Aid ("Thirty years from now, history will show how well the Bush administration ran the country.....blah...blah...blah).
  • Thank You for Standing Up: A list of folks who spoke truth to power during those years. Yes, let's be thankful. And let's celebrate.

After a 17-hour drive and a late, late night arrival home, I wish I could put my feet up in front of the fire, tune in to PBS and NPR, and celebrate the moment when Barack HUSSEIN Obama puts his hand on the Bible and swears to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

The partial quote at the top of this blog is from Molly Ivins, provided by Think Progress: "We are the people who run this country. We are the deciders and we need to raise hell.” Yeah.

No comments: