Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Two Hours Before the Polls Close

This is how the world looks where I live--two hours before the polls close. I could attend a local party to watch news anchors tally the election, but I'm just not up to it. I watched much of the Republican and Democratic conventions in 2008; this year, I waited to see clips online the next day. I feel very strongly about this election, but I don't feel much like celebrating, even if my candidate wins (and I truly hope he does). This year's presidential election has been a long slog--maybe they always are, but this year the slog has seemed particularly wearing. I'm just ready to gather those radishes and spicy greens from my fall garden and to begin planning my spring garden....hoping climate change doesn't screw up the weather too much where I live. [philosophical smile]

No comments: