Thursday, June 22, 2023

In Memory

 

I began my gardening project with a neglected flower bed at the front of my house. I enlarged it.


Before Tom died, I promised him that I would always create a garden in his memory, and I have done so here at the house which I purchased 9 months after his death when I moved across the country from where we had last lived together. Tom and I gardened for 41 years together, and every plant I plant reminds me of the love of gardening that we shared.

I am still working on landscaping the front yard, removing plants, adding plants. It's a work of love.
Japanese lilies, miniature gladiolus, amyrillis, daylilies, etc., in the enlarged entrance-way garden bed

I had someone build the garden seat for me, but I did all the landscaping myself.

The small pond is an experiment.

The garden seat is surrounded by herbs (thymes, garlic chives) peppers, native yarrow, native coral honeysuckle, scarlet runner beans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed and inspired to see what you have done. It reminds me of the small islands of natural beauty I saw when I visited Findhorn in the early 2000s. Small homegrown places of quiet refuge and joy in the unlikeliest of places. My major goal this spring is to find the time and energy to purchase a flat of impatiens from Home Depot and get them planted outside my screen porch.