Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Follow-up on Catmo

I'm not one to crow about success because I've had too many experiences in life where success comes with a thick codicil. However, it seems that at least for now, my husband's amendments to Catmo (described here and here, here, and here) seem to be working. Pluto has been confined to our backyard for two weeks now. For a few days after his last return (when he received an electrical shock as he escaped from the yard), I kept him inside at night, with a kitty litter box at the ready. The other two cats were allowed in and out. At first, Pluto responded to this nightly house arrest by running through the house with his tail held high. Finally, he settled down, finding a restful place to spend the night on our daughter's rattan clothes hamper. When I let him out after the sun rose (I was off from work between semesters, so I had the leisure to cat-sit), I would check on him periodically during the day. He saw me checking, though I don't really know a cat's mind, so I can't conclude that he knew what I was up to. Then, while we were in Texas, we left the cat door open so all the cats could go in and out. There has been no indication that Pluto has escaped. So--success.

That very loud knocking noise you hear? That's me knocking on wood.

No comments: