Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What's Up with This?

Watching the clips of the screaming middle-aged and old white people (people my age) at town hall meetings, I am just astonished at these folks who are being encouraged to act so stupidly and disrespectfully. Howls from mobs never convinced me of the rightness of something: in fact, just the opposite. Will there be lynch mobs next?

I went to the website of one of those organizations that is encouraging people to disrupt town hall meetings. A link on that website led to this picture of old white dudes showing some attitude: (Old white dudes wanting to "kick some liberal ass"). Well, one can find idiocy in any group or movement. But the more I see of those heckling people on television, the less I want to have to do with anyone associated with the movement, even folks who might have legitimate gripes.

At Slate, Timothy Noah lists links for keeping up with the health care debate.

No comments: