Friday, December 11, 2009

The Comfort of Cats


The semester is over at the community college where I tutor part-time, and now I'm home with the cats.  How can one be stressed with cats around? At the left is Persephone, who keeps me company in my study. She sleeps in here because she is the sweet cat the other two cats dominate; in the study she gets her own chair and cushion and a spot on top of boxes full of material for one of my projects. And when I'm here she has me all to herself. Persephone will crawl up on the desk and rest her chin and paws on my right arm as I type on the keyboard.

Below are the uber-cats of the house, the ones who fight for domination, but Odyssey, the oldest cat in the house, always wins. Odyssey is on the recliner, sleeping beside the partially-crocheted work of my daughter. Pluto has the chair. Both sit in the livingroom, cozily purring near the fireplace.













As long as we have our pets, the world is a little warmer place.

1 comment:

Chris said...

And I do love cats, too. . . especially when they're all curled up cozily. I have a collection of photos called "sleeping dogs" that's growing to include cats sleeping with them.