Thursday, December 17, 2009

Little Stupidities


Okay, I know that the retail business will have some excuse...uh, explanation... for this, but.......Why does the curling ribbon I bought have a sticker on the ribbon itself and not the plastic wrap around it? So I'm wrapping presents in a hurry, and I take out the curling ribbon, unwrap it from its plastic, and then try to peel the sticker off the ribbon. Impossible. I'm left with reams of curling ribbon with white sticky paper attached to it at regular intervals.

Are retailers that worried that people will unwrap the curling ribbon from its plastic in the store and then harass cashiers with items that have no bar code? Are they afraid the holiday lines will be held up like those in the commercial where the woman tries to cash a check instead of using her debit/credit card?

Yes, I've got plenty of more important things to worry about: Will my son arrive safely at the Atlanta airport this evening? Will we have to move in order to provide our family with financial stability again? Can anyone really get justice in this world?  How come people think it's okay that millions of Americans do not have health care and that millions are without jobs?

Oh, and why am I using this curling ribbon, anyway? Shouldn't I use something that's recyclable? Or save paper and not wrap the presents at all?

But it's the sticker glued to the curling ribbon that seems to have unglued me for a moment. Amazing.

No comments: