Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm Linking, Too

Checking my Yahoo mailbox this evening, I clicked on a link to the story about Susan Boyle, the Scottish spinster who wowed the crowd on Britain's Got Talent. I watched the truncated version of Susan's performance and then called M-M in to listen. Both of us had tears in our eyes. Then we watched the full performance on You-Tube and almost bawled together. Yes, I'm joining the crowd of online viewers whose day has been brightened by this incredible performance. Here is a story of a dream come true: a young girl singing away her hurt over being teased by village kids and years later turning a cynical audience into an overwhelmed and appreciative audience, not only on British television but around the world. Here's to Susan Boyle and to dreams. I hope that Ms. Boyle gets to bask in the glow of accolades long after the initial applause.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Ahhhh. . . I love it! Those mean-spirited folks are hard to face, yet Susan did----and bowled everyone over.

Thanks for linking to this, Anita. Wow.