Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunny April Day

Today was a beautiful sunny day here in this Southern state where native son Newt Gingrich can't quite decide whether or not waterboarding is torture--even though our country has prosecuted people for waterboarding prisoners. But today I weeded my worries away--or at least chopped them down for a brief time--in our backyard, where I am trying to get violets to take over most of the shady spaces, along with beds of native plants that I've introduced. Tom chopped wood--a task he actually likes; he told a neighbor over our back fence that he chops wood instead of getting a gym membership. Later, Tom, M-M, and I walked about a mile and a half to a local Mexican "cantina", where we had the best food we've had at any Mexican restaurant here.

We began our walk back home a few minutes before 8 p.m. and stopped at the local community garden on the way, where I took photos of the chickens, the roots of a downed tree, and some of the recently-created garden art.

Unfortunately, our best camera is broken, and the camera I had is really best for close snapshots. Also, the light was fading. Here are a few photos, all except the cat at the window taken at the community garden. (M-M took the picture of Persephone looking out into our neighbor's sunny yard.) Click on photos for a larger view.





No comments: